TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. This promotional competition is organised by RCS (registration number 2000/017891/07 ) in conjunction with Queenspark.
2. The competition commences on 9 November 2018 and ends on 24 December 2018.
3. For the purpose of this competition rules, “customer” or “you” means the natural person, whose name, contact telephone number and South African Identity number or valid passport number are reflected on the RCS system at the time of the draw and whose details are attached to the Queenspark Store Card used to purchase from Queenspark.
4. Entry into the competition is automatic, using your details and the actual purchasing data and you will be entered provided that:
4.1. you are a natural person over the age of 18;
4.2. you are in possession of your valid South African ID document or valid driver’s license or valid passport;
4.3. your complete, accurate and up to date name, contact telephone number and South African identity number or passport number are captured and appear on the RCS system;
4.4. your identification can be verified through your South African identity document or passport;
4.5. you are not a director, member, partner, employee, agent or consultant to Queenspark or RCS, or any marketing service provider in respect of the promotional competition, or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the promoter/s or suppliers of goods or services in connection with this competition, or the spouse, life partner, parent, child, brother, sister, business partner or associate of such a person;
4.6. it is not unlawful to supply the prize to you in terms of any legislation or public regulation and Queenspark reserves the right to require proof that it will not be unlawful to supply a prize (for example Queenspark may request the winner of the Paris Holiday for two to provide her/his valid RSA passport to Queenspark before the winner will be able to take possession of the prize); and
4.7. You comply with the entry mechanism of this competition- purchase to the value of R1000 or more in a single transaction during the campaign period.
5. Your participation in the competition means that you agree and understand that you will stand a chance to win a prize only and there is no guarantee that you will be receiving any prize.
6. In order to be eligible to enter into this Competition, you must spend R1000 or more, in a single transaction, using your Queenspark Store Card during the Promotional Period. Earn an extra entry by tagging a friend/s on Facebook and Instagram using the campaign hashtag #QueensparkSummer. Each #QueensparkSummer will constitute an entry. Please note that in order for your #QueensparkSummer to be eligible for entry, we need to be able to view it and your settings must be set to PUBLIC.
7. Every purchase of R1000 or more in one transaction (swipe) made with the Queenspark Store Card during the aforementioned campaign period will be entered into the draw. Multiple entries are thus possible.
8. There will be 1 main prize of a trip for two to Paris and 6 weekly winners of fashion vouchers to the value of R5000 + R5000 in fashion vouchers for a tagged friend of the weekly winner
9. The main prize winner will be randomly selected from eligible entrants for the period of 9 November 2018 to 24 December 2018. An independent third party will select all winners.
10. Weekly winners of the R5000 fashion vouchers will be drawn from customer purchases made from the previous Monday to Sunday (except in week 7 where an extra day has been added to accommodate the last day of the campaign): Week 1: Thur 9 Nov – Sun 11 Nov Week 2: Mon 12 Nov – Sun18 Nov Week 3: Mon 19 Nov – Sun 25 Nov Week 4: Mon 26 Nov – Sun 2 Dec Week 5: Mon 3 Dec – Sun 9 Dec Week 6: Mon 10 Dec – Sun 16 Dec Week 7: Mon 17 Dec – Mon 24 Dec
11. The draw for the weekly winners will take place on the Wednesday following the weekly campaign dates outlined above. Winners will be contacted by the Friday. Each winner of the weekly R5000 fashion vouchers will nominate one friend from their list of tagged friends to win an additional R5000 in fashion vouchers.
12. The draw for the winner of the Paris holiday will take place on 28 January 2018 at the RCS Head office in Pinelands. The prize winner will be contacted by telephone as soon as possible thereafter and arrangements will be made for the prize-giving.
13. The purchase price, excluding VAT and excluding the price of any returns of qualifying products as reflected in the RCS system on the day preceding the draw, will be utilised to determine the consumer’s expenditure for purposes of this campaign.
14. It is your responsibility to ensure that your personal contact details captured on the RCS system are complete, accurate and up to date.
15. The destination of the Paris holiday will be at RCS’s discretion and will be made known to the winner by telephone. The prize includes airfare and accommodation for two people (breakfast included) at a predetermined hotel, plus airport transfers to and from the hotel, 2x half day tours for two people, spending money to the value of R20 000 in total and Queenspark fashion vouchers to the value of R5000 for each person going on the Paris holiday. The choice of hotel, airline, transport etc. will be at RCS’s discretion.
16. The main prize-giving will be finalised within 30 days after the draw. The winner will be required to produce their barcoded ID document, driver’s license and passport as proof of identity and eligibility to undertake the holiday.
17. The winner must book the Paris holiday before travel between 11 April 2018 and 31 October 2018, both days included.
18. In order to be eligible to receive the prizes, customers must not have issued dishonoured cheques, or have overdue payments due to Queenspark and/or RCS at the time of the draw.
19. The prize description is as per clause 15 above – no other fees costs are included. To the extent that any taxes, duties, levies or other charges may be levied on a prize by the State or any other competent government or regulatory body or any third party, the winner/s will be liable therefore, and Queenspark and/or RCS will not increase the value of the prize/s to compensate for such charges.
20. The winner/s name and town/city will be published on the Queenspark website and other media, and unless the winners refuse, Queenspark and/or RCS may also decide to publish the winners’ image or require that the winners participate in any marketing activity.
21. Queenspark and/or RCS reserves the right to vary, postpone, suspend, or cancel the competition and any prizes (which have not yet been subject to a draw), or any aspect thereof, without notice at any time, for any reason which Queenspark and/or RCS reasonably deems necessary.
22. Queenspark and/or RCS accepts no liability for any damage or loss sustained by the prize winner and/or their partner on the Paris holiday or in connection with this competition.
23. In the event of a dispute, the decision of the competition judges is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.